Wednesday, August 29, 2007

19 days....

So, this is my first attempt at keeping an online blog. I will admit that I tend to be pretty horrible at anything related to journal-ing, so we will see how this goes. The countdown to Kenya is well... going quickly. I am working on paperwork and trying to figure out things that I need to get before I go. Signing power of attorney forms and filling out life-insurance is just a quick reminder that I am a) a college graduate and b) going out into the real world. Scary. A few things that I purchased today which are amusing are: a) a headlamp, b) solar shower, c) leatherman knife. I'm sure I will find that the knife comes in handy quite a bit, though not to defend myself as I am not quick at getting the blades out... I'm sure this will come with experience.

I turned in my homestay questionnaire yesterday which was very exciting. They ask questions about if I like kids, if I prefer a large or small family, and if I would mind sharing a room. I decided that I only like kids "somewhat" as I do not want 15 kids running around all the time and that I wouldn't mind sharing a room if it was someone who was relatively close to my age. We will see how that turns out!

I will give more of an update as I am continuing to put together last minute details. I am leaving for Rhode Island tomorrow to see my family one last time before I go. They are having a little cookout for my brother and I as we are both leaving the country for extended time. I am really looking forward to seeing all of my extended family together. It always proves to be a good time when you get all the Portuguese relatives together, just imagine My Big Fat Greek Wedding gone Portuguese... take that as you will.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Diana,

Wow you're all grown up and off on an adventure! I'm praying for you and God to walk hand in hand during this time of transition and teaching.

You are a child of God. You are justified by the Grace given by Christ and Sanified by the Holy Spirit. I pray you aline yourself with the love of God and feel him blessing you each day.

Now stay in touch please and write or post often so we all can keep up with your activities.

Stay in close contact with your parents and Matt. I know you moved from Charlotte but have always felt a kinship to you and Matt. I love your parents and family very much. I'll keep up the prayers of protection and hope you are having a wonderful experience.

Love, live, and be the "hands and feet of Christ to our world.
Anne DiBella
PS Elizabeth has not had the baby yet and James sends his love too! Len also says hello from Charlotte NC. Can you receive packages? What do you need and what address can we ship too?